Or the time I went to the UPS Store to mail myself something and dude said "Your name sounds familiar" and came to find out we gamed online together several years prior.
Or even the time that I found out someone I went to school in SC and I happened to cross paths about the time I moved back south and she moved up north, and we had our own mini-class-reunion.
But today, Internets, SO MANY stars had to align for this to happen.
Two companies ago, I worked with this awesome person in HR. Let's call her Sunflower. No, she doesn't have a hippy mom [at least I don't think], but she does like the sun. We worked on a couple projects together to make her life easier at work.
So, I'm in traffic in Buckhead today and there's someone honking at me two lanes over in a convertible. I look and see a female waving at me, so I'm like "Obviously she has me confused for someone else, because I'm GAY."
I keep staring and think "She's almost familiar, but I can't recognize her.. maybe she has one of those familiar faces... I mean, I have a lot of people think they know me when they don't."
Then a minute later my phone rings.
"Hello?"Now, I haven't seen her in like six or so years. But, let's sit and take an investigation of all the things that actually had to happen for this to occur.
"I'm stuck in traffic here in Buckhead, and saw a green truck with a rainbow sticker on it and the only person I know with that combination is Smply Unprdctble. And I managed to remember your phone number spells HOT-STUF, so that's how I was able to remember it and I tried it." [Note: my number does NOT spell HOT-STUF. Please don't try to call it.]
- First, Sunflower had to be living in Buckhead, as she was on her way home.
- Second, my Hot Massage Therapist had to be in Buckhead, as I was leaving her office.
- Third, my Hot Massage Therapist had to move me from my regular day of Wednesday to Friday since she got sick this week.
- Next, my Hot Massage Therapist had to invite me to Doc Chey's for dinner.
- Then I had to accept and follow her there, which is opposite my direction home.
- Add into that all the exact times that had to happen for Sunflower to see me.
- Factor in the fact she had to see me two lanes away
So, we have a TON of items that had to fall together for our happenstance meeting in traffic and for her to be able to call me. It's all amazingly incredible!
So, we're going to find a way to grab dinner or something in order to finally catch up!