Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I don't feel like working

I didn't feel like working this morning, so what did I do? This:


It makes me feel real geeky. In all fairness, I used a template found on the 'Net... but I didn't follow exactly... otherwise the Super Mushroom would have been much bigger and looked even funkier.

I've decided that I want to go to the Lego Store and buy more Legos so I can build more. I plan on putting them in my cube.

I'm also hating this whole GAS CRISIS 2008 deal. Today, I went to get lunch at Taco Bell and the Chevron up the street from me had a tanker leaving. With no long insane lines there, I decided I'd hop in for some gas to do my part to help in the freaking out.

First, I was REALLY irked with the fact that people would NOT pull through to allow both pumps on each side to be used, as if someone on the other pump would take their gas.

Then, before I was able to get up to the pump, the employee dude put out signs that said "No Credit Cards."

There went my chance for gas. I don't keep cash on me.

I'm hearing that more and more places are doing that, though. Not exactly sure why except for the idea that they're trying to save the credit card fees off the top because of the lack of sales in the convenience stores and such.

They're saying about two more weeks before we're back to normal. I want things to be back to normal now. I don't mind working from home during this, but it's still crazy.

No comments: