Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cowabunga Dude!

So, ChickenPopPod happened to tweet this link today.

I got excited and disgusted at the same time. So, now, I'm torn.

I grew up watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. They were AWESOME! And I was SO EXCITED when the movie came out! (and it was pretty cool that I lived one town over from Northampton, MA where the Turtles were created).

Anyways, the first movie was EXCELLENT for something that was from an Independent Company. Not a huge budget, but a lot of entertainment.

The second movie... well... Not as great as the first. Most sequels aren't.

The third... well... I don't even like to acknowledge that it exists (kinda like the Home Alone series)

TMNT
was great! It went back to what made the Turtle franchise awesome! I was Shell Shocked afterwards. In fact, I went to see it TWICE in the theaters (that's unheard of from me with movie prices hitting $11, and you can now only use a college discount on THURSDAYS).

Now, the announcement of ANOTHER movie? And going back to this whole "Live Action" thing... If it was another animated, I'd be excited, especially if it was done in the same fashion as TMNT. But, my fear is it's going to be as bad as Turtles in Time. I guess only time will tell... Check back in 2011 for what I think of it. 'Cuz you know I'll HAVE to see it.

No comments: