Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I musta been a jew in a previous life

I thought I had a really awesome deal on my new washer and dryer. Until we went to Home Depot. After doing the math, I learned it was about $175 that HH Gregg needed to refund me (that included their 10% price match guarantee, but didn't include sales tax, so tack another 6% onto that!).

I went back to HH Gregg on a mission. In my initial purchase, I got extended warranties on the washer and fridge, but not the dryer (I was trying to keep costs down a little). So, I went in under the assumption the dryer extended warranty would be the same price as the washer, so I was going to do an even swap to get the extended warranty.

I walked in and the sales associate that I worked with saw me. He was like "ok, what's wrong?"

"Absolutely nothing! I'm loving my fridge and washer and dryer. In fact, the washer and dryer SING to me! I'm extatic about that. I just don't like the fact you said you gave me the best deal in town and I found my washer and dryer for cheaper at Home Depot."

Showed him everything and they started the process of getting me my money back and getting me the extended warranty.

After all was said and done, They gave me the five year warranty AND $67 refunded back to me. I think I got an awesome deal.

...Now, if I can find my fridge for cheaper..... That would be awesome!

No comments: